Monday, January 22, 2007

Life as a Final Year Med Student!

Its been a long long long long long while since my last posting.
With the exams and the well deserved holidays back home in Malaysia & China who has the time?!?!

Well as you may noticed by now, I passed my exams and I am finally a T.I. (trainee intern). So what are the perks of being a T.I.?
1. Well firstly you have the grant which is around NZD 25,000 tax free.....so after using that to pay for the fees this year, it will be around NZD 11,000 tax free. BUT being "rich" international students, we aren't entitled to receive the grant and we have to pay 3 times the amount the ocals pay for the fees.
2. NO MORE EXAMS!!! *phew* but long cases, audits, mini CEX.....mainly bullshit assessments to help kill time.
3. It doesn't really matter if you have forgetten everything since the exam was over...... basically we just do secretarial work. Fax this and that, writing letters and write notes in the patient''s file.....free labour!!

Finally, I will be living in my own apartment! No more sharing facilities with strangers! The apartment is situated within the city centre and with the strip club just 200m away, I know I will be seeing some familiar faces!! Once all the paper work is settled, I will be able to move out of Grafton Hall this Sunday. We were told that they have to have as many rooms available to accommodate the other MALAYSIANS. Guess they will have to suffer a year here.

There have been sightings of Comet McNaught for the past week and its said to be brighter than Comet Halley. Hope to take some good shots of it tonight on Mt. Eden. Fingers-crossed.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/10/22/digi_photo_tips.html

January 23, 2007 3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[p]S

[url=http://www.nintendo-power.de/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&t=8067]we are beautiful store statement made discount ugg2n[/url]
[url=http://www.nintendo-power.de/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&t=6888]They are beautiful store statement made ugg1t[/url]
[url=http://www.esquisol.com.ar/index.php?option=com_phocaguestbook&view=phocaguestbooki&id=1&Itemid=112&phocasid=ecca552f543866bec3940a6402a71f00]They are beautiful store statement made ugg1y[/url]

December 04, 2012 9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home